Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Books

I have finally catalogued all my real book in GoodReads (that is, not audiobooks and ebooks). The plan is to get an ebook version of all (or of most) the books I have, so that I don't have to carry a ton of books with me the next time I move.  The first step in this plan is to catalogue everything I have.  This was inspired by a story in the book Prague, in which a couple of intellectuals in Budapest gets warned that they will be invaded by Russian troops the next day, so they have one night to pack and escape.  But they don't time nor the means to transport everything, their huge book and records collection.  So they decide that will write down everything they have, every book, article, recording, and then they can spend the rest of their lives rebuilding their collection.  I now have my list done, and I am ready to start rebuilding my library.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/12862594-luiz?shelf=paper

No comments: