Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Review: What the Hex by Alexis Daria

What the HexWhat the Hex by Alexis Daria
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this audiobook up for Hispanic Heritage Month, it seemed appropriate to listen to something that read like a "telenovela". But I was pleasantly surprised that the story had more depth than just the romance: it's a full-blown fantasy story, with witches fighting demons! The romance is there too, but it's contrived and exaggerated, with some very forced lines - the banter and flirting doesn't seem very natural, but it is fun nonetheless. It has a couple of racy scenes, but it's not the most explicit book I have seen. I like the latinx/hispanic connection, with an okay (if superficial) depiction of modern hispanic-american family life.


View all my reviews

No comments: