Monday, March 16, 2015

Thief of Time

Thief of Time (Discworld, #26; Death, #5)Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thief of Time tells the story of the construction of the world's most accurate clock, and how that will bring about the end of the world! Like the previous Discworld books, this is a fantasy novel in a medieval-like and magical setting, but this time it mixes in some science fiction to the story. It liberally uses concepts from relativity and quantum physics, and although it's only very superficial (and "stretched" to fit the Discworld style), it still makes good sci-fi. In fact, and very surprisingly, it's one of the best "sci-fi" books I have read recently!

Also, it's a very entertaining book. On my last review of a Discworld novel (I am going through the whole series), I complained about Terry Pratchett losing his initial spark, getting a little repetitive, and how that was understandable, after more than 20 books... Well, turns out he still has that spark, and can still write brilliant stories in the Discworld!


View all my reviews

No comments: