Sunday, April 29, 2007

Worldphotos


I wrote a webpage using javascript that displays my photo albums on a world map, using the Google Maps API. The code is inspired on the PHP script I saw on "jobe's gallery - map edition", but it uses only javascript, so it is compatible with more servers (my server did not support PHP scripts).

The result was so cool I decided to make a package available so that anyone can use it. The package contains the file worldphotos.htm, which displays the albums on the map (for an example, click the picture above), and a java program called worldphotos_thumbmaker that automatically creates thumbnail files to be used with the htm file. I wrote the program in java so it is platform independent. You must have the latest java version (v1.6), because it uses the new Scripting Engine to read the album list from the javascript file. To download the package, go to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6174262/Stuff/worldphotos/index.html - it also has a readme.txt file with more information.

No comments: