Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Gold Digger" featuring Jamie Foxx

I am deeply disturbed with the song Gold Digger. The problem is, I kinda like it. It is a song by some rapper, Kanye West, and it has backup vocals by Jamie Foxx, using his Ray Charles voice (he played Ray Charles in the biographical movie "Ray"). While the foreground is this standard rap, therefore bad, the background is this melodic, catchy, blues-like "song", a la Ray Charles. And it is good. I have enourmous respect for Jamie Foxx after seeing "Ray", and hearing of how he was actually trained by the Ray Charles himself to play the part, and did a lot of the singing on the movie. So if anyone can do something like this and not be accused of ripping Ray off, it's him. To top if off, while entranced by the great background vocals, I started listening to the foreground, and it is funny! Anyway, I guess I like the song, but I am still felling guilty about it...

Here are the Lyrics for Jamie Foxx's vocals:

[Jamie Foxx]
She take my money / when I'm in need
Yea she's a trifflin / friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digga / way over town
That dig's on me

[Chorus:]
(She takes my money)
(When I'm Need)
******
(I gotta leave)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to put in the whole song..............LAZY!!!!!!!!